Welcome to my December 2016 traffic and income report! Yes, I’m well aware that I’m publishing this in late January, but it’s something new to me and I’m still getting in the swing of things here. 🙂
It’s a goal of mine to have my blog replace my day job’s income. I’d love to live the “laptop lifestyle” and be able to work anywhere in the world doing what I love. In order to track my progress, I thought I’d start my own traffic and income reports. It’d be nice to review them a few years down the line, and I have no shame with sharing this info with my readers.
If you’ve been on the fence about starting a blog for whatever reason, I made a step-by-step tutorial for you that makes it very simple to start one. If you’re looking to make a side income, I recommend being self-hosted because you have control over your site and your readers will take you more seriously. You can get self-hosting for only $2.95 a month through my Bluehost link only (tip: you’ve gotta select a minimum of 12 months to get this special price). If you want to monetize your blog, self-hosting is the only way to go.
Why income reports on a lifestyle mom blog?
- I want to experiment. After years of seeing other bloggers publish their traffic and income reports, I’ve watched many of them grow their blogs into a full on business. I’m doing these reports as an experiment for myself and others to see the growth and progress of my blog. I’d like to see what works and what doesn’t.
- I want to increase my affiliate income. Since I’ve just finished the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course, I’m going to apply what I’ve learned right here on the blog. I’ll be sharing my results in every monthly income report. I already make a small amount of money from my blog, but Michelle makes over $50,000 per month from hers.
- I want to hold myself accountable. I know it’s possible to make a side income from blogging, and I wanna be able to show others that it’s possible, too. By sharing my goals and results in a monthly report, others can observe what’s working, what’s not, and I can track my progress in one easy post.
Blogging is a hobby to me. If my husband were merely interested in hearing about my hobby, then I would totally geek out on him about Mailchimp, Google Analytics, monthly income reports and the like! But since he isn’t the slightest interested, I’ll just have to share and track my progress right here, and possibly with other bloggers who love reading monthly income reports as well!
Product Income: $0
Affiliate Income: $44.51
- 10,554 Users (+5,161 from Dec. 16th)
- 11,375 Sessions (+5,474 from Dec. 16th)
- 13,372 Pageviews (+6,267 from Dec. 16th)
- 91.97% New Visitors (+1.57% from Dec. 16th)
I’m a bit in shock here that my pageviews have more than doubled already!! I enrolled in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing just a few weeks ago and am already seeing REALLY good results so far!!
- 557 Existing subscribers (-15 from Dec 16th)
This decrease is probably because I announced my new ambition of traffic and income reports, and some readers just changed their minds about following along. No biggie!
- POST REGULARLY. This was my plan in December, but I totally didn’t keep up with it. I’m not beating myself up over it, but it’s a kick in the butt to me to start posting some stuff.
- SHARE MORE. I started seeing some immediate growth with a Pinterest strategy that I learned from Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing! I’m gonna apply it to more blog posts and see what happens in the upcoming months.
RESULTS FROM MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING
I enrolled in the course at the beginning of December and have already doubled my traffic! I was actually SUPER surprised about it because to be completely honest, I wasn’t expecting a whole lot out of it… we’ll see what else happens in the upcoming months. 🙂
The course has 6 modules, 30+ lessons, helpful worksheets, and several bonuses. Michelle pretty much shares everything she knows about affiliate marketing and how she makes over $50,000 a month through affiliate marketing alone.
Here’s what else she teaches in the course:
- The exact steps she’s taken to earn over $400,000 from a single blog post
- How to increase conversion rates
- How to pick affiliate products to promote
- The benefits of affiliate marketing
- The major tool needed for affiliate marketing
There’s quite a few more things she teaches, but these are just a few to mention. It’s pretty cool because you can apply these lessons to any blog, no matter what niche you’re in. 🙂
If you’re interested in seeing what the course can do for your blog, check it out right here!
POPULAR POSTS THIS PAST MONTH
And that wraps up my traffic and income report for December 2016! I was pleasantly surprised with this months results, especially since I doubled my pageviews in the 2 weeks I had originally announced my new journey of publishing traffic and income reports. I wonder what next month will look like!
If you’d like to follow my progress, I’d love for you to subscribe to my email list (you’ll also get access to my library of free printables!).