So I tried my hand at making coconut flour and coconut milk the other day – and it was so easy! I can’t believe I haven’t given it a go until now, but you’d better believe this will be a regular DIY recipe that will be occurring here at our house. Especially now that I’ve made these coconut flour brownie bites with my homemade coconut flour – they are a hit! And the kids have taken to asking me daily to make coconut flour, which is a sure sign that these are going to be a household staple.
I found that my homemade coconut flour didn’t get as fine as store-bought coconut flour, so this recipe doesn’t call for as many eggs and liquid as most coconut flour recipes do. But I think the consistency of my homemade flour is what gives this grain-free brownie such a light, cake-like texture.
Since this recipe is full of wonderful nourishing ingredients, it’s one of those desserts that can be served anytime. Feel free to add more honey in – I might next time…but with 4 tablespoons of honey, these little bites had a delicious dark chocolate taste, and we loved them!
Coconut Flour Brownie Bites
- 1/2 c homemade coconut flour
- 1/2 c cocoa
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 3 T melted coconut oil
- 4 T honey
- 1/2 c sour cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 mini muffin tins.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla. Slowly add remaining ingredients while whisking constantly.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Fill the muffin tins 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. When they are cooked through, the muffins will spring back slightly when you press on the top gently with your finger.