Leftover Candy? Make Cookies!
I found another cookie recipe to make using leftover candy . . . Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies! Snickers is our favorite candy bar, but we had some leftover from the Halloween candy–more than we needed to keep to eat. So, I decided to make these Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies! These cookies have crunchy peanut butter, chocolate chips, and Snicker candy bar pieces in them! Can you imagine a better combination for a delicious cookie???
I found a recipe on Brown Eyed Baker’s website that I adapted for my recipe. Michelle’s recipe was called Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies. Check it out!
Making Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies . . .
Michelle uses 4 regular size snickers candy bars in her recipe. I didn’t have regular size bars, so I used 8 of the individually wrapped snicker bars. Some were peanut butter, some almond, and some regular Snickers candy bars. I thought the variety would add a nice touch of flavor. But, you can use whichever kind of Snicker’s candy bars you like:)
The first step is to chop the different Snicker candy bars into pieces. I chopped some a bit larger, some smaller. Think “chunks”!
Then it’s time to make the cookie dough, add the chocolate chips and Snicker candy bar chunks, and chopped pecans.
Once all the ingredients are mixed together, roll the dough into 1-inch balls, place on a prepared baking pan, and flatten a little with your fingers.
Bake the cookies, then remove from the oven and place the baking pan on the wire racks. Here is a very important step:
LEAVE THE COOKIES ON THE BAKING PAN FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES BEFORE REMOVING TO WIRE RACKS TO FINISH COOLING!!! I tried to take a cookie off of the baking sheet and it fell apart. Not good! I looked again at Michelle’s recipe, and it said to leave the cookies on the pan 5-10 minutes. Duh!!! I should have finished reading the recipe!!! When I did let the cookies cool a little on the pan, they came off perfectly. Just sayin’ . . .
These cookies are delicious! Crunchy with the crunchy pecans, chewy with the Snicker candy bar pieces, and chocolatey with the chocolate chips. Who could ask for more? Everyone who has eaten them loved them!!!
What would be your favorite candy to use in these cookies? Snickers? Butterfinger? or something else?
Chocolate Chip Snickers Cookies Recipe
(Adapted from a recipe on Brown Eyed Baker)
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups chopped Snickers candy bars (I used 8 individually wrapped different Snickers Candy Bars)
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two baking sheets by lining with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the mixer, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy.
- Add both sugars and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix until combined.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until flour in incorporated into the mixture.
- Stir in the chopped Snickers, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons and roll into 1-inch balls. Place onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten each cookie ball with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for about 5 to 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.