I offer you 9 tips to declutter your life and have a simpler, minimalist life and especially focus on the essentials :
- Get rid of clothes, shoes and accessories that you don’t wear. If you haven’t worn them in months, get rid of them! Sort your wardrobe, give away what you don’t want to sell and start with your relatives (there are often people interested). I advise you to sell the rest on the bon coin by creating a single ad with several items / photos. Time saving guaranteed!
- Unsubscribe from YouTube accounts / email / Instagram account etc of people and companies whose values you do not share, or the type of information they disseminate. Don’t let your brain get cluttered with useless information.
- Sort your desktop and folders on your computer. Create clear folders, and delete any documents you no longer need.
- Sort your make up. There is bound to be makeup that you don’t use. Knowing that makeup takes a long time to finish and that it is perishable, do not buy in terms of volume but rather focus on quality, buy organic, natural and indulge yourself on more interesting treatments such as massages in spas, beauty institutes etc. … It is much more relaxing and useful than to have 10 foundations that will expire. We agree 🙂
- Get rid of everything you have in duplicate. For example to have 5 Iphone covers knowing that you have only one Iphone is not very useful, not minimalist and zero waste at all. Knowing that it is plastic moreover, it is not ecological.
- Use the same product for several purposes. For example, coconut oil can be used to moisturize hair and lips, but also to make deodorant or homemade toothpaste. And you can apply this method to everything in your life.
- Scan your paperwork. Instead of having paper bills, statements and other documents, use electronic versions. Scan what is not sent by email, and keep it on Dropbox for example. You’ll never lose the document and you’ll get rid of a lot of files that you’re keeping for nothing. And don’t hesitate to ask your bank and any other organization to send you only electronic account statements. You will be able to store files in your e-mail box without cluttering up your home.
- Stop unnecessary relationships. Well, it’s almost uncool to say this, but we’ve all had an acquaintance or friend who doesn’t do much for us, who complains all the time or who drags us down. I’m sorry, but if you want to live a more serene life, I’m not sure that being around that kind of person is helpful. So there is no need to be mean but just be clear with the person by saying that you want to get away and explain your reasons. Then you are the master of your life, you have the right to let in and let out whoever you want without feeling guilty.
- Stop doing the sales, because first of all it is you who decide when you will consume and not when the brands will decide and then to do the sales systematically it is The best way to accumulate things that for the most part we only clutter. Then it’s not because you buy a lot of things in sales that you don’t spend money! Save your money to go on a trip or to do something that is important to you such as dance classes or other rewarding activities.
I hope this article was helpful for those who don’t know where to start to live minimally. Try it and you’ll see how good it feels to live with less but better!